My avocado chicken salad dip is light, creamy, and delicious! Serve it with crackers as a dip or spread it on toasted bread!
I can’t take credit for this recipe. My friend Chrystie recently made avocado basil chicken salad and raved about it, so I went right to the kitchen and made my own! That was years ago, and now my avocado chicken salad dip is one of our favorite quick and easy snacks!
You may notice I called this a dip. After making this several times and eating it as a sandwich (which is delish), I decided on a whim to make it as a dip – and it was a great idea. I LOVE the crunchy texture of the rice crackers with the rich, creamy dip.
To make it a dip, just chop the chicken up into much smaller pieces. That’s it. It makes it easier to scoop with crackers or chips. This is how we prefer it now, whether we’re eating as a sandwich or a dip. This recipe is very versatile. Make it how you like it, and that goes for other variations. Feel free to add diced bell peppers, onions, more or less avocado or sour cream – make it your own!
To keep it gluten-free, I like to serve it with rice crackers. It’s also a perfect recipe for anyone who is a low carb diet. It’s great in lettuce cups, on top of cucumber slices, or rolled into a low carb wrap!
How to make avocado chicken salad dip:
- Shred chicken breast into small pieces. (this is a great use for leftover chicken)
- Mix the avocado, sour cream, lime, and seasonings.
- Stir the chicken and sauce together.
- Taste, adjust, and serve with crackers.
I could eat avocados every day, so I’m always looking for new ways to use them. I’ve also never been a fan of mayonnaise, so this is an easy and delicious twist on traditional chicken salad. The avocado adds the creaminess and moisture that cooked chicken needs. Not to mention, this is full of healthy fat and protein, which will keep you feeling fuller longer. Avocados are high in healthy fats, protein, and fiber, so you can feel good about eating them.
Serve this with:
- Easy Beer Bread
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- Beef Barbacoa (like Chipotle)
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- Bailey’s & Guinness Ice Cream
Did you try this recipe?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadefood
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
5-Ingredient Avocado Chicken Salad Dip
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1 ripe, medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, full fat
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the ingredients except the chicken to a large bowl.
- Mash up the avocado and stir until combined.
- Add the chicken in and mix well.
- Taste and adjust the lime, salt, and pepper.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
Add some crushed red pepper for a little heat.
Serve with crackers as a dip or spread it on toasted bread.