This homemade ice cream recipe requires no ice cream maker and infuses the flavors of Baileys Irish Cream and Guinness Extra Stout. It’s bitter, sweet, creamy, and totally addicting!
Vanilla ice cream is a blank canvas waiting to be transformed into something amazing. While I appreciate a simple bowl of good quality vanilla ice cream, it’s more fun creating new and fun combinations. Don’t let this recipe intimidate you. Homemade ice cream is incredibly easy to make!
In this case, it was my hubby’s love for ice cream and Guinness that inspired this dessert, and it’s surprisingly easy to put together. The hardest part is waiting six hours to eat it! This adults-only dessert would be perfect for your next dinner party. Once you have the technique down pat, you can swirl anything you want into the ice cream base!
How to make homemade ice cream with Bailey’s & Guinness:
- Make the Guinness chocolate sauce and set aside to cool.
- While it’s cooling, make the ice cream mixture.
- Layer and swirl the two together.
- Let chill for at least 6 hours.
The Guinness Extra Stout is in the sauce, and it’s more of a dark chocolate sauce. Its bitterness is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the ice cream. For someone like me who doesn’t like things too sweet, it’s perfect!
Also, if you’re not a fan of beer, I encourage you to give this a try. The deep, rich, smoky, bitter flavor of the Guinness is quite possibly the perfect accompaniment to the sweet, creamy ice cream and Baily’s Irish Cream, which has hints of vanilla and cocoa. It’s an adults-only dessert that’s elegant enough to be served at dinner parties. Serve it in a pretty ice cream dish with a garnish of chocolate shavings!
Serve this with:
- Shrimp & Avocado Salad
- Beef Barbacoa (like Chipotle)
- Deviled Egg Dip
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- 5 Ingredient Beer Bread
Did you try this recipe?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadefood
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
Homemade Ice Cream with Baileys & Guinness
- 1/2 cup Guinness Extra Stout
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- Add the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and the temperature reaches 225.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- For the ice cream, whisk heavy cream and Baileys on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add in condensed milk and gently stir to combine.
- Spread 1/2 of this mixture into a loaf pan.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the cooled chocolate over mixture over the top.
- Spread the remaining ice cream mixture on top.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate sauce on top.
- Use a chopstick to make swirls, making sure not to mix it all together.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.