This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaGlutenFree #CollectiveBias
Gluten-free pasta and tons of veggies make my simple sesame spaghetti a guilt-free meal that you can have done in about 20 minutes!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I’ve never been a fan of gluten-free pasta. Pasta is my favorite food, and I’m not willing to compromise! However, eating gluten-free helps me keep my weight in check, and I’m always looking for ways to make my favorite foods a little more nutritious.
When I first saw Barilla Gluten Free pasta at Kroger, I snatched a box right up! I already loved the brand, and it’s so affordable that I had nothing to lose. To my surprise, not only did I like it, I loved it, and my family couldn’t tell the difference at all! It’s made with made with non-GMO corn and rice, with a taste and texture similar to “regular” pasta.
Gluten-free pasta can be finicky!
One of the problems with gluten-free pasta is that it often falls apart, especially if it’s overcooked OR undercooked. The other problem is that the texture completely changes once it’s refrigerated, so leftovers are usually not edible. I did not have that problem with Barilla. It cooked up perfectly and was still good the next day. It was a little more brittle but much better than other brands I’ve tried.
I’ve been craving sesame spaghetti for weeks, so I ran to Kroger this morning to pick up everything I needed.
At my store, the Barilla gluten free pasta is in the same aisle as the regular pasta. You can choose from spaghetti, penne, or fettuccine. They’re all good! For this recipe, spaghetti is what you want.
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, but give it a taste a couple of minutes early. For a perfect al-dente pasta, mine was done at 9 minutes.
While the pasta is cooking, that’s all the time you need to get everything else ready. Did I say it was easy?
Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
When the oil is hot, add the snow peas, red pepper, and two tablespoons of water.
Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the veggies are just cooked.
Add the green onion and cook 1 minute more. Remove from the heat.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain it well, and transfer it to a large bowl.
Add the veggies and sauce to the spaghetti and gently toss until everything is combined.
Load it up with veggies for extra nutrition and texture!
Taste and adjust the seasonings
To serve, garnish with the top part of the green onions and some black sesame seeds.
This recipe is so easy and so versatile. If you don’t like bell pepper or snow peas, you can add whatever veggies you like. Bok choy, cabbage, and mushrooms would all be delicious. You can also add cooked shrimp, chicken, or tofu for some extra protein. And for some extra heat, you can add extra red pepper or sriracha to the sauce.
- 12 ounces Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (order here)
- ¼ cup low sodium gluten free soy sauce (order here)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (order here)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 green onion (top), thinly sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the veggies and sauce.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the snow peas, red pepper, and two tablespoons of water.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the veggies are just cooked.
- Add the green onion and cook 1 minute more. Remove from the heat.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain it well, and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add the veggies and sauce to the spaghetti and gently toss until everything is combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings
- To serve, garnish with the top part of the green onions and some black sesame seeds.