If you love going to the theater, I’ve got some tips that may help you save money and score free movie tickets!
As a huge movie buff, knowing how to get free movie tickets is one of those pieces of gold in life. I love knowing that I can see some of my favorite new releases in theaters for free! Yes, legitimate free movie ticket deals can be found. For some areas of the country it’s harder, but there are still great options for getting a few free passes every year. Even if it is just one free movie a year, it’s totally worth it!
How To Get Free Movie Tickets
- Sign up for theater rewards clubs. Some of the best rewards come from Cinemark, Regal, and AMC theaters. They all have various options from cards to scan at the theater counter to simply being a part of an email membership. The best part of each is that you’ll find a free pass as a reward for purchases, and occasionally with some companies a free pass on your birthday. Even if you only earn 3-4 movie tickets for free each year, that’s easily $60-$75 in entertainment money you have saved!
- Enter giveaways and contests. One of the best ways to earn free movie tickets is to check out local theater contests and giveaways. Make sure you start following all of your area theaters on social media. Follow their corporate page, as well as the local location. Another thing to consider is checking out your local radio stations to see if they ever offer free movie tickets as promotions in contests. Contests and giveaways can definitely become one of the best ways to score free movie passes.
Bring your own snacks to the theater and save money!
- Earn them with online rewards programs. Swagbucks has been around for several years and is still a favorite method of mine to earn free gift cards. One of my favorites is to use them as a search engine, do their daily poll and watch for the alerts on my phone with free swag codes to use and exchange for a movie theater gift card. This little extra effort in your day can score hundreds of dollars in free movies every year.
- Go to free screenings. There are a few reputable websites that offer you a chance to sign up and receive passes to screen specific movies. Sometimes these will just be independent films. Other times it will be a great big budget film you are dying to see. Either way, the result is a free movie on them. Check out GoFoBo, Wild About Movies, Sony Screenings and Advanced Screenings for opportunities near you. These are usually limited to major metropolitan areas, but sometimes you’ll find a small town theater listed. They key is to search regularly and apply for passes early to the movies you really want to see in the theater.
- Earn cash back for ticket purchases. If you can’t get free tickets, you can earn cash back for the tickets you purchase. I’ve posted about Ebates before and have been a loyal member for several years now. They offer cash back for online purchases at hundreds of stores, including Fandango. If you’re going to buy tickets anyway, you might as well get a little something back for it. MyPoints is another reward site that I’ve used for years and highly recommend. I mostly just click their emails to get free points, and I end up with enough points to get 2 – 3 free gift cards every year. They have both Regal and AMC theaters on their list of rewards, and you can request free gift cards with as little as $10 or 1,650 points!
Knowing how to get free movie tickets can totally change how you see your entertainment budget. While you won’t always be able to get every ticket free, you can easily manage to get a few free movie tickets each year to great movies in your area.
Have you ever scored free movie tickets? If so, I’d love to know how!