Now that you all thoroughly understand Disney’s FASTPASS (And if you don’t, be sure to read this post!), it is time for your next lesson: FP order! It is important to get your FPs in a particular order so you can enjoy the rides you like the most first and frequently. Your family’s likes and dislikes will shape the order in which you obtain your FPs. Today, I will be discussing which FPs thrill seekers should get in each park.
The first park I’ll discuss is Epcot. Though Epcot is usually recognized for its World Showcase, there are some really spectacular thrill rides at this park. Here is my suggested FP order:
- Soarin’ – I wouldn’t consider this necessarily a thrill ride, but it so innovative and unlike any other ride I’ve been one, I think adrenaline junkies would thoroughly enjoy it. Also, Soarin’ is highly popular and always has the longest wait time, so get your FPs first and often.
- Test Track – This ride is awesome and a must for any thrill ride lover. I would spend the most of your FPs at this attraction.
- Mission: SPACE Pavilion – Though it is not one of my favorites, many Disney guests love it because it is so realistic.
Optional FP choices:
Next is Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As you may remember, my favorite ride is at this park (AKA: The Tower of Terror!) and it definitely is a thrill seekers dream ride. Below is how I think you should get your FPs to optimize your thrills:
- Toy Story Mania! – The line for this ride is insanely long all day long. Although it isn’t as thrilling as some of HS’s other attractions, you’ll still want to ride it because it is really fun and interactive.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – This ride’s wait time can add up quick, so be sure to get your next FP here and also pick up a few more throughout the day.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – One of my favorite things about this attraction is that the wait time is never more than 30 minutes. Still, if you have the option, go ahead and pick up a FP. (FYI, I vacation at Disney in the off times, so I cannot speak for how the wait times are during spring and summer.)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – This ride was just redone early this summer and the lines are presumably longer now. It would be a good idea to pick up at least one FP.
Now on to Animal Kingdom! Some of AK’s stand-out attractions are thrill rides, so it is certainly a good choice for thrill seekers. Here is how I would get my FPs:
- Expedition Everest – Go directly here when you get to AK and obtain some FPs! Also, be sure to pick up some more FPs later on.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – This is a signature AK ride and a must for any guest. It might not have twist and turns like Expedition Everest, but being so close to wild animals is definitely exciting!
- Kali River Rapids – If you don’t mind getting soaked, then go ahead and grab a FP for Kali River Rapids.
- Primeval Whirl – Thrill junkies will enjoy this ride’s frequent sharp turns and belly-flipping drops. The lines aren’t too terribly long, but if you hate to wait, go ahead and pick up a FP.
- DINOSAUR – This ride is primarily in the dark and you’re being chased by dinosaurs…I think that is the definition of thrilling! The wait time is typically short, but if you have room for another FP, skip the line and use a FP.
The final park is Magic Kingdom. MK is a great park for all ages because it has a little bit of everything. Plus, there are definitely some fast and exciting rides to entice any adrenaline seeker. Below is the FP order I would suggest to use:
- Space Mountain – This is always a very popular attraction at WDW, so I would try to get more than one FP.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – As with Space Mountain, this ride is a fan favorite, so try to get a few FPs if you can.
- Splash Mountain – Personally, this is a one-time ride for me. However, if it’s your favorite, you may want to get a second FP.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – If you have room for an additional FP, I would use it at this attraction because it is really interactive. Plus, since it is fully enclosed in an air conditioned building, it is a nice way to get away from the Florida heat and have some fun too!
Optional FP choices:
So, there it is! Hope this helps our thrill seeker readers here at Saving Everyday. Be sure to look out for future posts regarding how to get your FPs for other types of Disney guests. Have a great day!
Written by: Brittany Madden