Today’s FASTPASS post is all about the kids! Read below to find out how parents can utilize FPs to make their child’s day at a Disney park the most magical! =)
Magic Kingdom is the perfect park for kiddos! It’s got characters, amazing décor, and most importantly fun, kid-approved rides! Make their visit even more fun by following this FP order:
- Space Mountain – As always, go to Space Mountain for your first FP and come back for more later. However, if your child isn’t a huge fan of roller coasters, you may want to skip this attraction all together.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – Before you leave Tommorowland, go get a FP for this ride if the line is long. If isn’t, hop on in silly! =)
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Next up is this high-flying attraction! It’s always super busy, so you got to get that FP quick!
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Move on to Adventureland and obtain a FP for this wild ride! As with Space Mountain, if your little ones aren’t into roller coasters, you should probably pass.
- Splash Mountain – Mom and Dad may not enjoy getting soaked, but every kid I know loves it! Go check out the wait time, and if it is too long for your liking, you know the drill: get a FP!
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – On your way back to Peter Pan, grab a FP for this attraction.
- Jungle Cruise – If you have room for one more FP, use it here! Kids will love taking a boat ride through the Amazon River.
Another favorite park for children is Animal Kingdom. It is like a zoo, but intensified times ten! Kids can see animals from Asia to Africa, and even prehistoric animals! Check the FP order below to meet your kiddos’ park needs:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – Kids will love this ride because they get to be up close and personal with some of the most famous African animals. It’s a popular attraction and the best bet for kids, so go there first.
- Expedition Everest – This is one of WDW’s most intense coasters. If your children enjoy fast rides, then go get a FP as soon as possible. And if after riding Everest they want to go again, head back later on to get some more FPs!
- Kali River Rapids – Don’t forget to get a FP here before you leave Asia. However, beware: there are signs all throughout the queue line warning guests they will get soaked…and trust me, you do!
- Primeval Whirl – Next up is a FP for Primeval Whirl in DinoLand U.S.A. This ride has extremely sharp turns and quick drops, so if you or your child has a sensitive stomach and/or are afraid of heights, it’s probably a good idea to skip this attraction.
- DINOSAUR – This ride is perfect for those kids who are obsessed with dinosaurs. FPs are rarely needed when I visit this ride, but it’s a good idea and check the wait time just in case. Word of caution though: this ride has a lot of scary moments that may be too intense for little ones.
Now on to Hollywood Studios! This is a good park for kids especially enjoy watching shows and parades. Plus, it is a smaller park compared to the others, making it more manageable for the younger Disney goers. Here is my suggested FP order when keeping the kids in mind:
- Toy Story Mania! – Oh, kids will love this ride! It is like a video game, but even better. This ride’s wait time is always long (like 60 minutes or more), so go there quick and get your FPs frequently.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – The blaring music and incredibly fast speeds makes this roller coasters a kid’s dream come true. Go there for your next FP and get more throughout the day if you enjoyed the ride. As with any roller coaster though, if your child isn’t fond of them, pass.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – This ride’s 3D capabilities and possible 54 story lines makes this newly redone attraction a hit with the little ones and your next FP destination. Those sensitive to shaky movements may want to hold off on riding though.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – I’ve rode this attraction too many times to count. The number of kids I have seen get off The Tower of Terror and love it is also too many to count. If this ride seems right up your kid’s alley, get them a FP!
Last but not least is Epcot. Though I think Epcot is the least kid-friendly, mainly due to how much walking is involved and the number of rides available, there are some attractions that will have your children extremely excited! To help get your kids interested and enthused while at Epcot, follow the FP order below:
- Soarin’ – This ride is always a crowd favorite and is no different with kiddos. They’ll love thinking there are hand-gliding over California and enjoying the sights (and smells). When you get to Epcot, go to Soarin’ first for your FPs, and if you want to ride again, stop back by for additional FPs.
- Test Track – This super fast attraction will have your kids squealing with delight. Obtain your next batch of FPs here. As with Soarin’, if you want to ride again later on, swing back by for some more FPs.
- Mission: SPACE Pavilion – If your children like outer space, astronauts, and/or flying, get them a FP for this ride. They’ll thoroughly enjoy it!
- Maelstrom – If you need a break from walking from country to country will at the World Showcase, get your next FP at Maelstrom.
- Captain EO starring Michael Jackson – I’ve never rode this ride, nor do I even know where it is located at Epcot. However, I do know it is very beloved by many Disney fans. If you want to check it out, utilize a FP and skip the line! =)
There you have it! Hope this FP breakdown helps those families with little ones while visiting WDW. Have a magical day!
Written by: Brittany Madden