The proper pronunciation is Cinderella Castle, not Cinderella’s castle. Most people make it possessive, which is a common mistake (that I made for years!). Here are a few more fun facts:
- Cinderella Castle officially opened in the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971 and took 18 months to build.
- It’s the most photographed building at Walt Disney World.
- As you walk through the castle, you’ll see five mosaic murals that tell the story of Cinderella.
- There is no dungeon, but the castle does have a large underground storage area.
- The moat that surrounds the castle holds over 3 million gallons of water!
- Unlike the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneylandl, the Cinderella Castle drawbridge cannot be raised.
- At 189 feet high, it’s the tallest structure in the park but thanks to forced perspective, it appears even larger than it actually is.
Be sure you’re following my daughter’s Disney blog. She is doing a professional internship there for the rest of the year and posts all kinds of fun, informative things…and lots of pictures!
More Disney articles you may like:
Be sure to join our Facebook Group where you can see all the deals, share yours, and connect with other frugal Disney addicts!!