Today’s Five Facts highlight all the wonderfully random trivia that Disney World has to offer, ha! Enjoy =)
1. Of the almost 39 square miles of Disney property, around a third of it is saved for the wilderness habitat, meaning it goes untouched and preserved. Aww, doesn’t that make you love Disney even more?!
2. On a typical 3-night cruise, approximately 10,000 pounds of seafood is served to the guests on board the Disney Dream.
3. The first ever FASSPASS was at AK’s Kilimanjaro Safaris on July 21, 1999.
4. In 1992, Beauty and the Beast became the first animated film ever to be nominated from a Best Picture Academy Award.
5. There are over 2.5 million costume pieces at WDW, which hang on nearly 8 miles of clothes racks. This makes WDW the owner of the largest operating wardrobe in the world. Plus, every year the costume department makes 3,700 designs and use over 650,000 yards of fabric!
Written by: Brittany Madden