I think it is pretty obvious that I LOVE the food at WDW, ha! And in honor of one of my favorite Disney activities, today’s Five Facts will focus on just that! (Side note: If there is a “rumbly in your tumbly”, you might want to get a snack now because these facts are going to make you hungry! =P)
1. Did you know that the Disney Harvest program donates more than 400,000 pounds of unused, prepared food each year to feed the homeless of Central Florida? As if you needed another reason to love Disney…
2. Can you guess how many turkey legs are eaten by happy Disney goers in all four of the parks? More than 1.8 million pounds, woah!
3. If you took 20 million 12-ounce cans of Coca-Cola (and who doesn’t have 20 million cans of Coke?!), you could fill up ONE of the massive Coke cups at Home Run Hotel in Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort.
4. Speaking of Coca-Cola, Disney vacationers drink more than 75 million of them every year while at WDW! Plus, 13 million bottles of water, 10 million hamburgers, 9 million pounds of French fries, 6 million hot dogs, and over 300,000 pounds of popcorn.
5. Victor & Albert’s, which is located inside the Grand Floridian, is home to the only full-time harpist at WDW. And as they always say, food always tastes better when there is a harpist around… =P
Written by: Brittany Madden