Hi Saving Everyday readers!
As you may have read in this post, I am officially the new feature writer regarding all things Disney! In my posts, you can expect to see anything from interesting Disney trivia to new and upcoming additions to the parks. To start, I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite Disney things to better introduce myself.
Favorite Disney Movie: Alice in Wonderland (animated)
- I have loved this movie for as long as I can remember. Now as a young adult, my fondness for Alice in Wonderland has turned into an obsession! I not only have both of Disney’s film versions of Alice in Wonderland (but let’s be honest, the animated version will always be the best!), I have mugs, a teapot set, teas, pens, notebooks, books, clothes, jewelry, and so on! I think it is safe to say that I truly love Alice in Wonderland!
Favorite Disney Character:
- Alice, of course! Read above =)
Favorite Disney World Park: Epcot
- Though of course I love Disney World as a whole, if I had to choose one park to visit, it would be Epcot. I have always enjoyed traveling because I love seeing new places, trying exotic foods, and shopping at local stores. At Epcot, all these things (and more) can be done. My favorite part of Epcot is the World Showcase, which hosts 11 different countries around the world. Each pavilion is a representation of that country’s landscape, architecture, food, and shops. I love walking around the World Showcase because it makes me feel like I’m actually in those countries. Epcot definitely fulfills the travel bug in me without the costly airplane tickets, which is always a good thing!
Favorite Disney World Ride: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- I love The Tower of Terror because it has everything I want in a ride: amazing décor and queue lines, start of the art technology, and suspense! One of Disney World’s expertise is immersing its guests into a world they may have never have had the chance to experience otherwise. This is definitely achieved in this ride because it makes you feel as if you took a time machine back into the 1940s. Plus, once you have made your journey through the hotel, it’s time for the fun part: the free fall! It is always a surprise how many times your elevator will drop, which makes the ride even more exciting. Because of these reasons, The Tower of Terror is always a must do on my Disney vacations!
Favorite Disney World Resort: Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- As mentioned before, Disney World is a pro at making their guests feel like they are somewhere other than Florida and the same goes for the Port Orleans Resort. I particularly enjoy Port Orleans Riverside because of the old Southern feeling it has to it. The rooms are either in plantation-esque mansions or hidden cottages along Alligator Bayou. The resort sits on the banks of the Sassagoula River, which has boats that will take guests to and from Downtown Disney (one of my family’s favorite things to do while visiting). Plus, I love the Riverside Mill food court for delicious, yet quick meals.
PS: It is worthwhile to take a walk over to the French Quarter part of Port Orleans and explore the resort. My boyfriend and I took a horse carriage ride through there and loved the New Orleans décor!
Favorite Place to Shop at Disney World: TrenD at Downtown Disney
- One thing I love almost as much as Disney is shopping! Disney World has tons of cute and unique stores to get your shopping fix. My favorite store is TrenD, which is a relatively new store located at Downtown Disney. It is geared more towards girls ranging in age from “tween” to young adult. I love their selection of purses and jewelry. Plus, it is the perfect place to get Alice in Wonderland souvenirs!
Favorite Disney World Restaurant: Narcoossee’s at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Out of all my “favorites”, this one definitely was the hardest because Disney just excels at providing their guest will terrific restaurants. But in the end, I had to choose Narcoossee’s because every meal I have ever had there has been top notch. The most memorable meal was during my family’s last trip in November. I got butternut squash risotto topped with grilled scallops and it was to die for! Plus, they have the best dessert I have ever eaten: the almond crusted cheesecake. It will change your world, trust me!
PS: Even though Narcoossee’s is relatively expensive, we always go during free dining. That way we can still enjoy it, without spending a fortune.
I cannot express how excited I am to be a feature writer for Saving Everyday! As mentioned in the announcement post, I was born a Disney child. It is such a pleasure to be able to share my enthusiasm with others and have an outlet for my Disney obsession, ha! I truly hope you all enjoy my posts…and who knows, maybe in the process many of you will become Disney addicts too! =D
Written by: Brittany Madden