Most guests have no idea what Disney Fanatic Cards are, but I’m here to tell you all about them and why they’re SO meaningful to cast members!
Disney Fanatic Card is a tangible reward for Disney employees who are being praised for their hard work. Cast members can get Fanatic Cards by displaying exemplary work in one of the four “keys” of Disney’s professional attitude. Once you have received a Fanatic Card, it goes on your Record Card, which is sort like Disney’s version of a permanent record.
While I was at Disney, my ultimate goal was to get a Fanatic Card. I made sure I was always super friendly with everyone, had that Disney smile on 24/7, and went above and beyond to cater to Disney guests. However, being within an attraction, it is especially hard to get them since they are simply less common. (Folks in merchandise get them all the time, which is another thing I learned while working at Disney, ha!)
Disney Fanatic cards are so important to cast members!
I was months into my internship and had lost all hope of getting one. Then the very next day, my attraction had a ride issue and both trains were stuck stationary for 20 minutes. And of course, I was the conductor on one of the trains! I did my best to entertain guests and keep worrying at bay until the problem was fixed.
Ultimately, we ended up having to evacuate all the guests from both trains and Rafiki’s Planet Watch. All the while, I kept guests’ spirits up by passing out free water bottles like they were going out of style, telling jokes, and congratulating them on being able to walk through the behind-the-scenes areas of Animal Kingdom (which are honestly not that glamorous, ha!). I even calmed down a very angry man, who was upset that he might have missed his dinner reservations. (He still had two hours, but I reassured him “we’d take care of it”, ha!).
And, as you have probably guessed, I finally got a Fanatic Card – yays!!
One of my managers recognized how I had handled the situation, did my best to keep the guests calm, happy, hydrated and entertained. My Fanatic Card was for “courtesy” and “stellar cast member traits!” As you can imagine, I was SO VERY excited!
The awesome thing about Fanatic Cards is that they can be filled out not only by managers, supervisors, and fellow employees but also by Disney guests.
Yes, even Disney guests can give cast members a Fanatic Cards!
Before I tell you what information to include, here are the ways you can obtain a Fantaic Card or praise a Disney cast member.
- Go to any Disney guest relations location and request one.
- Call Disney guest relations at 407-939-2273
- Email Disney guest relations at Guest.Services@DisneyWorld.com
- Tweet @WDWToday on Twitter with the hashtag #CastCompliment (they’ve even been known to tweet back with the cast member actually receiving their Fantaic card!)
Now that you know how to contact guest relations, be sure to include the following:
- cast member’s name
- where you had your encounter
- the details of your positive experience
Then they will pass it along to the appropriate department, it then goes into our Record Card, and helps with future promotions and transfers!
These cards are so important to cast members because they make them feel like all their hard work has paid off. The next time you are at any Disney location, whether it be at an attraction, restaurant, or even in the bathroom, and you meet an extra wonderful cast member, be sure to send them a Fanatic Card!
More Disney posts you may enjoy:
- Romance at Disney World
- Disney College Program Application Tips
- My Favorite Guest Questions
- Applying for the Disney College Program Part One
- Our Favorite Lunches at Disney
- Working at Disney World
- How to Have a Custom Cake Made at Disney
Did you find this post helpful?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadeatdisney
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
- Join our Facebook Group where you can connect with other Disney addicts, ask questions, share photos, and get help planning trip!
Written by my daughter, Brittany. She completed several Disney internships and eventually accepted a full-time position on the conservation team at Animal Kingdom. Read all about her time there over at her blog Britty Loves Disney.