I’ve been making my broccoli slaw recipe for years. The combination of creamy blue cheese, apples, and crunchy almonds is totally addicting!
One of my favorite things about summer is all of the light and refreshing salads that I get to make. When the temps hit 80 and above, my husband and I crave dishes that are light, bright, and fresh, and this broccoli slaw recipe is one of our favorites!
My hubby loves salads like this for his lunch, and I appreciate that he is the kind of man that appreciates all kinds of food and is always willing and excited to try new things. This salad is perfect for work lunches and picnics. It holds up well and has no mayo, so it’s not as perishable as most slaw recipes.
Have you ever noticed broccoli slaw at your grocery store? For years I didn’t know what to do with it, and now I buy it every week. You can saute it with onions and garlic for a quick and easy side, make cold salads like this, or even chop it up and use it like cauliflower rice (which I actually prefer). It’s a huge time saver!
How to make my broccoli slaw recipe:
- Add the salad ingredients to a big bowl.
- Mix the dressing.
- Combine the two.
That’s it! This salad couldn’t be easier. You can have it ready to serve in about 15 minutes. Feel free to chill it before serving, but I prefer it room temperature. The blue cheese is creamier, and I think the flavors are better overall. That said, it’s delicious chilled as well, especially on a hot day.
This is a flavor and texture bomb. The crunch broccoli slaw and almonds combined with the creamy blue cheese and sharp onions is just perfection, IMO. That said, feel free to swap out the nuts and cheese for whatever you like. Shard white cheddar would work well, as would sunflower seeds or pecans.
Serve this with:
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- Baileys & Guinness Ice Cream
- Nashville Hot Chicken Tacos
- Beef Barbacoa (like Chipotle)
Did you try this recipe?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadefood
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
Broccoli Slaw Recipe with Apple and Blue Cheese
- 1 12 ounces broccoli slaw
- 1 small apple, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a bog bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add all of the dressing to a mason jar and shake well.
- Pour the dressing into the salad and stir well.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Garnish with extra almonds, green onions, and blue cheese.