When vacationing at WDW, a lot of guests just want the classic Disney experience. This of course includes what attractions to ride while in the theme parks. By using your Fastpasses strategically, you can make this process a whole lot easier and faster! Here are my FP suggestions for a classic experience in each Disney theme park.
What’s more classic than Magic Kingdom? This park is a must do if you are wanting a traditional, magical, Disney experience! And below is how to make sure you get all those classic rides in, with as little wait as possible!
- Space Mountain – This is always on the top of the list as it is one of, if not the most, popular attractions at MK! Make this ride your first stop when you get into the park!
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – My mom’s favorite MK ride and always a crowd favorite. The line gets pretty long here, so get your FP as soon as you can!
- Splash Mountain – I love Space Mountain and I love riding it without standing in a crazy, long line. If you do too, then make this your third FP stop!
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Since this ride is appealing to all ages, the line can get busy. Stop by to get your FP as your return into Fantasyland.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – …and then make your next FP stop at this attraction!
- Jungle Cruise – When you make your way over to Adventureland, check to see how long the line is for the Jungle Cruise. If the time is longer than you wish to stand, get yourself a FP!
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – You know the drill: grab a FP! =P
The second park built at WDW was Epcot and it is attractions have become some of Disney goers favorites. If you want to see what all the fuss is about, I suggest this FP order:
- Soarin’ – If you’ve been to Epcot, you know how long this ride’s line gets, so it is essential you get your FP quick! Drag those kids if you have too…JK! =P
- Test Track – Personally, this is my favorite Epcot ride. While many WDW guests will ride Soarin’ over and over it, it is Test Track that I return to. Because of that, I make it my second FP grab and save any more I have later in the day for this attraction!
- Mission: SPACE Pavilion – It hasn’t been around as long as Epcot’s other attractions, but it is certainly a favorite for many Disney vacationers. If you feel the same, use your third FP here!
- Captain EO starring Michael Jackson – Like I have said in other posts, I have never rode this ride. However, I do know people went bananas over it when Disney reopened it. So in my book, that makes it a classic and well worth your fourth FP!
- Maelstrom – Ahhh, Maelstrom. Always the perfect retreat from the hot Florida sun. Store your fifth FP for this ride and use it when your family needs to cool down.
Hollywood Studios was the third park built and was designed around Walt Disney’s love for cinema! Essentially, this park is built on the classics…the classic movies, actors, scenes, and so on. To get your classic fix, try this FP order:
- Toy Story Mania! – The line is always long for this ride and the FP go quick, so get your first FP here!
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – Another popular HS classic, so claim your second FP at this attraction.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – Depending on when you visit WDW, the line for this ride can be nothing at all…while at other times it can be over an hour! To be on safe side, get your next FP at my all-time favorite ride!
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Although I haven’t ridden this attraction since it has been updated, I am sure the lines are significantly longer. Because of that, definitely get a FP here.
Last but not least is the baby of all the WDW theme parks, Animal Kingdom! Here is my classic FP suggestion for this park:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – A one-of-a-kind ride deserves to take your first FP while at AK! Trust me, the line gets killer on this ride!
- Expedition Everest – Everest has quickly became a classic ride at AK and the lines can get long quick, so rush over there to grab your second FP at this attraction.
- DINOSAUR – While you are in the area, head towards this ride and claim your third FP.
- Kali River Rapids – Everyone (well, most everyone) loves a classic water ride, and at AK, Kali River Rapids is definitely one! If you are in the mood to get soaked, pick up your forth FP here.
- Primeval Whirl – And how about you cap off that ride on Kali River Rapids with an intense spinning quest, ha?!
Written by: Brittany Madden