The last FP post was all about how adrenaline junkies could use their FPs to optimize their number of thrills while visiting WDW’s four parks. For today’s FP post, I’ll be heading in the total opposite direction and focus more on Disney guests who prefer a vacation that is nice and slow, but still want to enjoy the rides.
Out of all the Disney parks, I think Epcot would be the best for relaxed vacationers because it has plenty of things to look at and explore, while also having some fantastic attractions. Below is how I would get my FPs if I wanted a more relaxed Disney day:
- Soarin’ – Definitely go to Soarin’ first! This is the PERFECT ride for relaxed Disney visitors. Since Soarin’ gets busy quick, try to get another set of FPs shortly after your first batch.
- Test Track – Although I wouldn’t consider Test Track “relaxing”, it is definitely an Epcot must do. I would suggest getting your FP early in the morning.
- Captain EO starring Michael Jackson – I have to be honest and say I have never been on this ride! However, it does seem fun and I think it would be perfect for the “nice and slow” crowd. Since I haven’t been to this attraction, I’m not sure how long the wait is, but I would go ahead a pick up a FP just in case.
- Maelstrom – Though a FP isn’t a must for this attraction (the wait time is usually very minimal), if you have room for one more FP, go ahead and spend it here!
Optional FP choices:
- Mission: SPACE Pavilion – Some Disney guests have had negative reactions to this ride. Because of that, I wouldn’t suggest it for those who have sensitive stomachs or are prone to be claustrophobic.
Next up is Magic Kingdom. Like Epcot, MK is perfect for both sightseeing and attractions. For the relaxed vacationer, I would suggest this FP order:
- Space Mountain – This ride is always a fan favorite, so I would start your FPs here! If you want to ride again, pick up another batch soon.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – Since it is right by Space Mountain, I would go ahead and obtain a FP for this ride. However, if the line is short, you can forgo the FP and just hope straight in line!
- Peter Pan’s Flight – This classic Disney attraction always has a long wait, so definitely get your FPs early in the day.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – If the line is already long, get some FPs. If not, I would go ahead and ride it because it is popular with the younger crowd, which could result in longer lines later in the afternoon.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – If you’re a roller coaster fan, you may want to get this ride’s FP sooner rather than later. However, for those who don’t love roller coasters, but still want to try Big Thunder Mountain Railroad out, you should be fine with getting your FP later in the day.
- Jungle Cruise – This ride is pretty laid back, which is perfect for relaxed Disney goers. The line typically doesn’t get too long, but if you can, skip the line and use a FP!
Optional FP choices:
- Splash Mountain – A word of caution: you get soaked!
Moving on to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! There are tons of awesome shows and leisurely attractions here, which is a laid-back Disney vacationer’s dream! Unfortunately, most of the rides that are available for FPs are pretty extreme. However, if you want to try all the rides out, then you can use these FPs to your advantage. Below is my suggested FP order:
- Toy Story Mania! – Go to this ride first thing and get a FP. If you want to ride again (which you will because it is super fun!), check back soon. The lines get way too long, even during the off times, so FPs are a must for this attraction.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – Your next FP should be used at Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. It’s very popular and I’ve seen lines up to two hours before, so it is good to have a FP handy.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – This ride is new and improved, so lines will most likely be longer now. Because of that, get your next FP here.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – If you are in the mood for some extreme thrills, then go ahead and get a FP for this attraction. If not, you probably should skip it and use your FP elsewhere.
Finally, there is Animal Kingdom. Although there is so much to look at and enjoy at this park, I wouldn’t consider the FP rides exactly relaxing. Nonetheless, they are some pretty fantastic attractions. The rides below would be the best for laid-back visitors:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – This ride is so awesome and perfect for any Disney guest. The lines get long, so get your FP here first. If you want to go again, get another FP soon!
- Expedition Everest – If you are into fast and extreme rides, you definitely want to try Expedition Everest. That being said, for those who are “faint at heart”, don’t worry! My mom hates roller coasters, but considers Everest one of her favorite rides. I suggest trying it at least once to form your own opinion of this ride.
- DINOSAUR – I like this ride because not only is it exciting, but it is also a great way to escape from the heat.
Optional FP choices:
- Primeval Whirl – The recurring sharp turns may make more laid-back park goers queasy.
- Kali River Rapids – Riders get completely drenched on this ride, so be prepared!
And there ya go! Hope this helps those who consider themselves “relaxed” vacationers. For my next FP post, I will be discussing how family with kids should get their FPs at all four Disney parks. =)
Written by: Brittany Madden