My Disney roommates and I had a lot in common: we all loved Disney (duh!) and each other (double duh!)…but we especially loved free things. We even came up with a song-and-dance for our adoration for all things free. All of us girls would shout out our love for “freeeeeebies!” everywhere: in the apartment, at the theme parks, while dancing at bars, shopping trips to the mall. We quickly became well known amongst our friends, family, coworkers, and fellow DCP interns that “The Great Eight” loved them some freebies.
So in honor of the best roommates a girl can have, I thought it would be fun to make a share ten of our favorite Disney freebies. This list includes everything from free activities to food (yeah!). Plus, I think this list includes things the whole family can enjoy!
1. Hunting for Hidden Mickeys EVERYWHERE.
2. Grabbing a free sample of chocolate at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop while roaming around Downtown Disney. (that’s my momma getting her free chocolate in the picture!!)
3. Visiting the amazing pools at various hotels around the Walt Disney World resort area, partaking in the swimming games.
4. Trying out all the sodas at Club Cool, which is located in Epcot, and picking our favorites!
5. Watching Wishes on the beaches at The Polynesian, on The Contemporary’s fourth floor deck, or The Grand Floridian’s waterfront decks.
6. Testing out samples of the treats at Magic Kingdom’s Main Street Confectionery and Big Top Souvenirs!
7. Taking boat rides throughout the resort. (My favorite is the one that brings you from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney; it’s super relaxing!)
8. Using our refillable mugs to get hot chocolate and watching a “Movie Under the Stars” (Our personal favorite hotel to do this was at The Polynesian!)
9. Hula-hooping, playing jumbo jenga, and walking the campsite grounds at Fort Wilderness.
10. Commemorating every occasion (birthdays, monthly roommate anniversaries, etc!) with a celebratory pin and proudly showing them off!
Written by: Brittany Madden