I’m pretty sure I could eat zucchini every day and never get tired of it. Sauteed, broiled, roasted, mixed with pasta or risotto, and even on pizza – I love it! Since roasting vegetables is my favorite preparation, it was only a matter of time before I posted a recipe for zucchini.
You’ll find all the usual suspects like olive oil, Kosher salt, and pepper along with optional flavorings like Parmesan, herbs and/or butter. I’m a huge fan of Parmesan cheese. One of my biggest tips for cooking and eating healthier is to use big flavors, and Parmesan does an excellent job of that!
Squash cooks fast, so you can have this on the table in less than 30 minutes. I cook this at even higher heat than my broccoli and cauliflower because it cooks in about half the time. I like my vegetables thoroughly cooked, so you may have to adjust the cooking time depends on how you like yours.
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until evenly coated.
- Place zucchini in a single layer on the cookie sheet, skin side down.
- Bake until tender and the edges get brown and crispy (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and give it a good sprinkling of freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.