I just love a slider! They’re cute, easy to make and the variations are endless! We love my Cordon Bleu Turkey Sliders and regularly make burger sliders, so I don’t know why I never thought of making them for breakfast. Now that I have, I want them in my life forever.
These were so easy – and so delicious! Just whip up the eggs, dice the veggies, layer and bake everything in a large pan, cut and serve! They also freeze well. Just allow them to completely cool, wrap individually in freezer paper, place them in a large, Ziploc freezer bag and freeze. To reheat, remove from the paper, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 40-60 seconds on each side, or until heated through.
I wanted to go with classic Denver omelette flavors, but you could change up the veggies and cheese to suit your taste. Now that I know how easy these are, I see a lot of sliders for breakfast in my future. Enjoy!
- 8 small dinner or sliders rolls
- 12 eggs
- 4 slices ham
- 7 slices cheese (I used American)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk eggs until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Distribute diced pappers and onions throughout pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Top with a single layer of ham and a single layer of cheese.
- Cut rolls in half like sandwich buns.
- Place tops of rolls on cheese layer and optionally brush with melted butter.
- Return to oven for 7 minutes to warm ham and melt cheese.
- Use a knife to cut through ham andd cheese before trying to remove from pan.
- Use a spatula to lift sliders and place on bun bottoms.