If you loved Kit Kat bars as a kid, you’ll love my recipe for homemade Kit Kat bars even more. You only need two ingredients and about 15 minutes!
If you love Kit Kat bars, I’ve got a super easy and affordable recipe for you! They only require two ingredients and about 15 minutes of your time. The hardest part is waiting for them to set!
This is a perfect recipe to let the kids help with! I’m so passionate about getting kids in the kitchen, and you’ll make memories that last a lifetime. Teaching them to cook is one of the best things we can do for them. It encourages self-confidence and healthy eating habits, and it’s a huge learning opportunity. They’ll practice math, reading, problem-solving, and even some science!
How to make my homemade Kit Kat bar recipe:
- Line a baking sheet with either parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate. You can do this in the microwave or in a double boiler. This recipe goes so quickly that the microwave in my choice. Just put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook on high for 20 seconds at a time. Stir well every 20 seconds, and repeat the process until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- If you’re against using the microwave, a double boiler is easy enough. Fill a medium-size saucepan with about four inches of water. Bring the water to a boil, and place a glass bowl on top. The bowl should sit down inside the saucepan without touching the water. Pour the chocolate in the owl turn the heat down to medium, and stir until melted and smooth.
- While the chocolate is still melted and warm, dip each wafer in it, making sure to coat all sides. Place the coated wafer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator, and allow the bars to fully set for 30 minutes.
To keep them as close to the original one as possible, I used vanilla wafers and chocolate, but you can have fun and change it up. Both the wafer cookies and the chocolate comes in a variety of flavors, so go crazy!
Serve this with:
- Homemade Magic Shell
- Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- 5 Ingredient Beer Bread
Did you try this recipe?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadefood
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
Homemade Kit Kat Bars Recipe
- 1 package Vanilla Creme Wafer Cookies
- 12 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Line baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring, and repeating until smooth.
- Dip each wafer in the chocolate on all sides, lift out with fork allowing excess to drip off, and place on the baking sheet.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.