Epcot, representing both the future and several cultures throughout the world, is one of my favorite WDW theme parks because of its originality. Naturally then, it is a park that is made up of tons of interesting facts and fun trivia. Here are the five best I found!
1. Guess how many fruits and veggies are grown each year in The Land pavilion? 30 TONS! Plus, these 30 tons of food are scattered about throughout the various restaurants in Epcot. Also in The Land is a one-of-a-kind “tomato tree.” Every year, each vine on the tree produces a record breaking harvest of more than 32,000 tomatoes.
2. The World Showcase pavilions are covered in more than 26,000 feet of twinkling lights, enough to cross the Golden Gate Bridge six times, all of which illuminate during Epcot’s nightly firework show “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.”
3. Over 3,000 fish and sea animals call the 5.7 million gallons of water inside The Seas with Nemo & Friends home, making it one of the biggest man-made ocean habitats in the world.
4. Keeping true to its British’s culture, the Rose & Crown Pub in the United Kingdom pavilion has a uniquely designed ale warmer that heats customers’ Guinness to 55 degrees, which is the most preferred temperature by the Brits.
5. Every two months, the Germany restaurant Biergarten severs over 26 miles of bratwurst, measuring the length of a marathon!
Written by: Brittany Madden