Since I have been a little girl, I have been fascinated by weddings. I think it is because weddings encompass some of my favorite things in life: love, food, friends, cutesy décor, planning, dancing, rhinestone/feathers/glitter, etc, etc. So you can imagine how my little-childhood brain reacted when I realized you could get married at Disney World (which you all know by now is like my all-time FAVORITE thing on this planet). It basically exploded like the fireworks during Wishes or IllumiNations, haha!
Over the years, I have watched, read, and researched on this very topic. Here are some of the most interesting facts I have found about weddings at Disney. Hope you enjoy!
1. Every detail of a Disney wedding is special, even the transportation! Brides and grooms can arrive to their wedding in style by taking a vintage car or horse-drawn carriage, riding in on horseback à la Prince Charming, or my personal favorite Cinderella’s (freakin’) glass coach!
2. In the 15 years of the Walt Disney World Marathon, at least two couples have made a quick pit stop to say “I do” in front of Cinderella Castle, located in Magic Kingdom.
3. The first wedding at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion was on June 18, 1995 and was broadcasted on the television show “Weddings of a Lifetime”, which aired on Lifetime.
4. For those Disney guests who have a little Ariel in them, couples can also get married on the Disney Cruise Line. Future husbands and wives can chose to have their ceremony while on the ship or on the shores of Disney’s private island Castaway Cay.
5. And the coolest fact I found was about a couple who got married on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I guess you can say they “took the plunge!” =P
Written by: Brittany Madden