Serve up these Easter Muddy Buddies, and watch them disappear. They’re easy, colorful, and only take about 20 minutes to make!
We all need a few easy-peasy holiday recipes in our repertoire, and my Easter Muddies Buddies are one you’ll want to save and make over and over. This is a fun twist on a classic muddy buddy recipe, and it’s easy enough that the kids can help!
I can’t believe that Easter is only a few weeks away, but I’m not mad about it. I love Easter for so many reasons. It usually means Spring is here, Easter eggs hunts, family traditions, and the FOOD. Our menu always includes a double batch of my Easter muddy buddies to munch on throughout the day.
I mean, what’s not to love about sweet and salt + chocolate and peanut butter? It’s totally addictive, and you’ll keep going back for mre. In fact, go ahead and make a double batch!
Muddy buddies or “puppy chow” is simply Chex cereal coated with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. You can keep simple as we did here or add whatever you want. Mini marshmallows can be used as “bunny tails”, pastel-colored nonpareils, Jordan almonds, or even a few pretzels to make it sweet and savory.
How to make Easter Muddy Buddies:
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Stir in the cereal.
- Pour into a Ziploc bag with confectioner’s sugar.
- Shake to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet & sprinkle on M&M candies.
- Let sit for 15 minutes to thoroughly cool and serve!
If you have a nut allergy, use sunflower seed butter in place of peanut butter. To cut down on the sugar, I’ve made it with Lakanto powdered sugar with great success.
If you love giving homemade gifts, this is perfect. Just fill a mason jar or clear party bags, and tie a pastel ribbon around the lid. Give to friends, teachers, and coworkers for a thoughtful little Easter gift.
Serve this with:
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Shrimp & Avocado Salad
- Creamy Deviled Egg Dip
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- Easy 5-Ingredient Beer Bread
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- Easy Beef & Tomato Goulash
- Homemade Chocolate Magic Shell
Did you try this recipe?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadefood
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
Easter Muddy Buddies Snack Mix
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour in the cereal and gently mix until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon Ziploc bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet and sprinkle on the M&M candies.
- Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature to cool and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.