Did you know the proper pronunciation is Cinderella Castle and not Cinderella’s castle? Most people make it possessive, which is a common mistake (that I made for years!). Here are a few more fun facts:
- Cinderella Castle officially opened in the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971, and took 18 months to build.
- It’s the most photographed building at Walt Disney World.
- As you walk through the castle, you’ll see five mosaic murals that tell the story of Cinderella.
- There is no dungeon, but the castle does have a large underground storage area.
- The moat that surrounds the castle holds over 3 million gallons of water!
- Unlike the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, the Cinderella Castle drawbridge cannot be raised.
- At 189 feet high, it’s the tallest structure in the park but thanks to forced perspective, it appears even larger than it actually is.
Join our Facebook Group to connect with other Disney addicts, ask questions, and chat all things Disney!