Hey y’all! So, life as a Disney Intern is super duper busy! But that is okay because I am having the time of my life. Every night there is something to do/see/eat/explore/etc! In the past two months I have marked a lot off bucket list. Here is the updated list! =D
1. Rode Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, Voyage of The Little Mermaid, refurbished Dumbo the Flying Elephant, and Star Tours. I LOVED the new Star Tours and Dumbo rides; both were super fun! I also enjoyed Voyage of The Little Mermaid, but compared to the other shows throughout the parks, its age really shows.
2. Watched Animal Kingdom’s Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo: The Musical. I really enjoyed Nemo, but Lion King BLEW my mind. The whole time I have been down here, people have been bragging how Festival of the Lion King is so incredible and the best show in the whole Walt Disney World resort. After seeing it, I have to agree! I recommend it to all my guests. =)
4. Attended Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. It was so much fun! And I loved that freebie cookies and hot cocoa and the fact it “snowed” in sunny Florida! =P
5. Saw Neil Patrick Harris narrate the Candlelight Processional. He was witty, as always, and it was a nice way to get in the holiday spirit.
7. Became a Disney VoluntEAR! I volunteered at a local elementary as a teacher for the day. Basically, I read to various classrooms, ranging from kindergarten to fourth grade, and told them about my job at Animal Kingdom. It was really nice getting back to my “teacher roots” for a day and I of course loved all the kiddos!
10. Explored the expanded and renovated Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. There are not enough words to describe how incredible the new Fantasyland is! I loved every part of it and can’t wait until it gets finished in 2014! And Be Our Guest is my new favorite restaurant!
12. Participated in the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. More like Mickey’s Jingle Jungle 5K, but good enough eh? =P It was my first 5K and now I’m addicted! If Disney characters and screaming Animal Kingdom employees can’t motivate you, what else can? =P
20. And lastly, get a little visit from Ryan Gosling…eer, how about Phillip Phillips?! He performed at the filming of the Christmas Parade and not only did I get to see him, I got to stand 15 feet from that beautiful man. I can’t wait to see myself hyperventilate on national television. =P
Catch up on previous DCP posts:
- Disney College Program Bucket List!
- First Two Weeks as a Disney College Program Intern!
- Disney College Program Bucket List – September Update
Written by: Brittany Madden