In my personal opinion, there is no other place that celebrates the holidays more grandly than Walt Disney World. Between the decorations, food, and parades, you truly feel like you are living with Santa on the North Pole! Plus, the events occurring during this time are spectacular!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: November 9 – December 21
Where: Magic Kingdom
Every year, Mickey hosts a spectacular event celebrating all the joys of the Christmas Season! Activities include:
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas Parade – a Christmas-afied version of MK’s famous parades!
- Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season – this is a revamped version of everyone’s favorite firework display.
- Greetings and entertainment from your most beloved Disney characters
- Complimentary hot chocolate and cookies to munch on throughout your evening
Plus, guests can still enjoy their favorite rides at MK, Cinderella Castle gets a “Christmas makeover” with an amazing light display, and the talented Imagineers make the unbelievable happen: snow flurries in Florida!
It should be noted that this event is not included in the MK park ticket. Guests who want to attend this event must buy a separate ticket. Prices vary on age and date. And one last thing: I would definitely check out this event’s website! There is a really fun interactive “storybook” that helps to show how wonderful Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party really is! Plus, be on the lookout for a little surprise at the end!
Holidays Around The World – Candlelight Processional: November 23 – December 30
- This is event is located in the American Garden Theatre inside Epcot’s World Showcase. The Candlelight Processional is the highlight of Epcot’s Holidays Around the World, which showcases many of the world’s fabulous and diverse holiday traditions. The Candlelight Processional tells the story of Christmas, with the help of a celebrity narrator, 50-piece orchestra, and choir. It has quickly become a favorite of WDW guests and is currently on my “Disney To-Do List!”
- Although this event is included with your Epcot park ticket, it does fill up rather quickly. If you do want guaranteed seats, you can purchase a Candlelight Dinner Package, which includes lunch or dinner at one of Epcot’s most noted restaurants, along with a reserved seat and a pre-arranged viewing area for the firework show. Your meal includes a beverage, entrée, appetizer, and dessert per person! Prices do vary by time and restaurant.
New Year’s Eve Party at Disney Quest Interactive Theme Park: December 31
Where: Downtown Disney
- This event would be perfect for any kiddo celebrating the New Year while at WDW! On a normal day, this five story entertainment complex is heaven for kids. With the addition of a DJ-driven dance party, a New Year’s Eve countdown complete with exploding confetti, free food, and the fact they can stay up until 1:00 a.m., your kids will be begging you to take them to this party! It sounds super fun and something I know I would have went bananas for this as a little one! =)
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights: Late Fall and Winter
Where: Hollywood Studios
- During this time of year, the Streets of American located inside Hollywood Studios are transformed into something completely memorizing! Every inch of those streets are covered with LED Christmas lights that dance along with holiday music. This free event begins as the sun falls and replays every 10 minutes until the park closes. It truly a one-of-a-kind experience and I highly suggest everyone see it! Plus, it even snows during some performances! Check out last year’s post about this event to watch a video to better explain how awesome this event is! (Sorry for any blurriness and/or talking, haha.)
Festival of the Seasons: Late Fall and Winter
Where: Downtown Disney
- At Disney, every shop, restaurant, building, bathroom…basically every surface is spruced up during the holiday season! And that is no different at Downtown Disney. Disney has dubbed this transformation as the “Festival of the Seasons.” Guests should expect a massive number of Christmas lights and other holiday decorations, live Christmas-inspired entertainment, and even Santa Claus himself! Plus, DTD is the perfect place to finish up your Christmas shopping lists!
Written by: Brittany Madden
Browse through all of our past Disney posts:
- September 2012 Trip – Keep up with us live from the parks
- Our Trips – Photos, videos and more from our trips!
- Disney Photo Of The Day – Because who doesn’t love Disney pictures??!!
- Disney News – Ride openings/closures, events & more.
- Disney Planning & 101 – In depth information on resorts, restaurants, parks & more.
- Saving Money At Disney & Paying For Your Trip – Tons of was to save on your trip.