With Valentine’s Day tomorrow, I decided to re-post this from last year!
My husband and I love to go on dates…day dates, night dates any kind of date If you think you can’t afford it, here are some ideas to keep it affordable!
- Going out to eat? Join the mailing list for the restaurant you want to eat at. You’ll usually get some kind of coupon for doing so.
- Set aside $5 – $20 a week (whatever you can afford) and PLAN a monthly date. Make it a priority!!
- Go to a matinee…it’s cheaper.
- Take a free cooking class. This is seriously fun! For that matter, check for any kind of free classes in your area.
- Check out Groupon and on a daily basis…it’s my favorite daily deal site for entertainment/dining deals!!
Go on a picnic! Pack a lunch from home and find a romantic place to go. We like to go to the lake, Mammoth Cave or the state park.
Go hiking! I know I know…hiking? But honestly, my husband and I have SO much fun when we do this. We laugh, hold hands, steal kisses and just have FUN together.
Take in a free show! Many cities have these available throughout the year. Check with your local paper, the local actor’s theatre, your city’s website or call the Chamber of Commerce.
Stay home, alone! If the kids are going to be gone, one of our favorite things to do is just STAY HOME! We close all the blinds, turn the lights down, have some wine and cuddle on the couch while we watch movies. Love it!
Go to the zoo! We love animals and can spend hours at the zoo! Be sure to ask for discounts. Most have discounts for military, senior citizens, and AAA.
Take a tour at a local brewery or winery! You’ll be surprised how fun this can be and it’s usually FREE. My husband and I both love good beer and wine. It’s really cool to see how they are made… and the free tastings are a bonus!
Here is what my hubby and I spent last week on a recent “day date”. He goes back overseas this week, so we’ve been squeezing in as much “us time” as we can!
Lunch at Chili’s: Used $20 gift card from MyPoints = $14.30 after tip (tip on the full amount…before the coupon)
Matinee: $12…we never order anything at the movies. We eat first so we aren’t even tempted. If we do bring in candy of our own, it’s always something I’ve picked up free/cheap with a coupon!
Walk around Freeman Lake Trails: FREE and one of favorite things to do. We had a couple of nice days last week and enjoyed being outside!
- Dairy Queen: $3.56 for 2 Blizzards using the B1G1 free coupon when you join the Blizzard Fan Club
- Total Cost of Date = $29.86 for an entire afternoon/evening…awesome right??
Be sure to check the Current Restaurant Coupons and/or Entertainment Deals when planning your night out! Buy the Entertainment Book every year. It is full of restaurant, retail and entertainment coupons! I am NEVER without this book! The 2012 Louisville/Southern IN Entertainment Book has over $21,300 in local coupons!